Fortunately for those of us who don’t exactly fall into the “genius” category, boosting our brain health and getting the little gray cells to function at a higher level doesn’t require a brain transplant. In fact, elevating your overall cognitive function can be as simple as getting certain essential vitamins and minerals that work together effectively as a brain booster of sorts so that you can think more clearly; have better memory; feel more alert; stay more on-focus; concentrate, and even elevate your mood.
Get a Shot of Brainpower
So just what are some of these nutrients that could be considered a brain booster? Some of them you already know well, but the
nutrient deficiencies that are so common to today’s over-processed and unbalanced diets have almost eliminated them from our plates.
That said, it’s sometimes necessary to take nutritional supplements and vitamins for overall optimal health and brain health; and here are a few you may want to add to your list as a brain booster:
- Fish oil- The omega-3 fatty acids, also known as DHEA, in fish oil help aid brain function by increasing the brain cells’ ability to communicate with one another. DHEA is also essential to healthy brain development in infants and greatly improves learning. Naturally, it can be found in fish; but fish oil supplements can also be an effective source.
- Folic Acid- Folic acid is believed to improve memory. Aside from supplements, it can be found in dietary sources like spinach, lentils, and asparagus.
- Thiamin- Thiamin, or B1, is essential to healthy brain and nerve tissue and is particularly important to memory.
- Ascorbic acid- Most commonly known as Vitamin C, ascorbic acid protects the brain from oxidative stress that can so greatly damage it and is key in the brain’s ability to form dopamine, which also effects mood. Vitamin C can be found in citrus fruits and a number of green vegetables.
- Calcium- Calcium is known for being essential to bone health, but it’s also a nerve cell messenger and regulates such things as neurotransmission and nerve activity. Calcium can be found in dairy products as well as dark green leafy vegetables.
- Magnesium- Magnesium acts as a brain booster by helping convert B vitamins into an active form so that the brain can utilize them. Magnesium is considered to play a key role in memory improvement and greatly effects the transmission of nerve impulses in the brain.
- Zinc- Zinc levels have been shown to bear greatly on the development of neurological and psychological disorders, so getting enough zinc is believed to help prevent these issues.
At Everwell Specialty Pharmacy, we want our clients to achieve
optimal health, not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally. We offer some of the best wellness products on the market, including brain boosters and supplements that can help that goal become a reality.
Give your brainpower a boost! Visit the knowledgeable team at Everwell Specialty Pharmacy and explore the best wellness products in our store and online market today!