Getting The Essentials
Everyone knows that getting essential vitamins and minerals plays a critical roll in maintaining general wellness, but it can be extremely easy to find yourself deficient of some of those key vitamins and minerals as you go about your daily routine and don’t always have the time to eat the most nutritious meals. At Everwell, part of our goal as a specialty pharmacy is to help our clients achieve their daily needs for essential vitamins and essential minerals so that they can reach their optimal health goals and live a fuller life. From our pediatric clients who need great tasting vitamins for children to our cardiovascular patients who need adjustments made to their professional grade supplements, our compounding services and the products we offer at our retail store give us the ability to meet whatever need their might have in incorporating those essential vitamins and minerals back into their day.
There are, of course, basics on which the systems of the body build their strength, and some of those essentials are quite easily overlooked. Some of the most important begin at the alphabet, but you might be short on some of the other basics, as well:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is necessary to the health of the eyes as well as for proper growth and development. Vitamin A is also key to the health of skin and teeth. Carrots, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, and a variety of orange foods are an ideal dietary source of this vitamin.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B is necessary for energy production and in the proper function of the immune system. It also aids in the absorption of iron. Whole grains, legumes, yeast, molasses, bananas, and potatoes are a great source of B vitamins.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C strengthens the blood vessels and aids in the absorption of iron. It also plays a key role in giving skin its elasticity and assists the function of anti-oxidants in the body. Oranges, bell peppers, kiwi, grapefruits, strawberries, and Brussels sprouts are among the freshest sources of this vitamin.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is extremely essential to the health of the skeletal system. Sunlight stimulates the body’s natural production of the vitamin, while foods including eggs, fish, and mushrooms are a great source for Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is necessary for proper circulatory function and protects the body from the damaging effects of free radicals to keep the skin looking healthy and young. Nuts including almonds provide a significant amount of Vitamin E, as do tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is essential in the coagulation of blood. Leafy greens including kale, spinach, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts provide a great dietary source of the vitamin.
- Folic acid: Folic acid is necessary to the body for cell renewal and aids in the prevention of birth defects during a woman’s pregnancy. Leafy greens, seeds, nuts, legumes, beets, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower, and many citrus fruits all contain significant amounts of folic acid.
- Calcium: Calcium is extremely crucial to the health of teeth and bones. In addition to dairy products, tofu and black molasses can provide calcium in the diet.
- Iron: Iron is necessary to the body’s muscle development and ability to maintain healthy blood. Shellfish, red meats, and organ meats including liver provide a natural source of iron, as do legumes, spinach, soybeans, and pumpkin seeds.
- Zinc: Zinc plays an integral role in the body’s immune function as well as fertility and health growth. Seafood, spinach, cashews, and beans are all high in zinc.
At Everwell, we strive to give our clients the very best health services possible. We’re upgrading their lifestyle and their future, and we’re dedicated to meeting their most essential needs. As you learn more about the ways you might be lacking those key components to a healthy body and mind, let us be a part of the solution.
Recommended Essential Vitamins and Minerals
Great health is essential to happiness! Shop for essential vitamins and minerals at Everwell Specialty Pharmacy today!